Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Relient K, anyone?

I honestly don't know why I haven't met more Relient K fans. Their lyrics are so full of meaning and Matt Thiessen, the lead singer, has a voice that just emotes. When he sings that he's dying, I wholly believe it. I'll even listen to this song on repeat if I were in the mood for Relient K and that's only song I have from them.

Have a look at these lyrics:
No two people could have been more alone than us
The years would go by and she'd love someone else
And I realized I hadn't been loved yet myself

Don't you just feel like giving him some love?

Or:
Yeah if life was a highway
I was drunk at the wheel

That just makes me smile. It's sad, but it's such a good metaphor.

Or:
An injury I'll cause with my fist
It seems to be slightly masochistic
But there'll be no story without all this dissension
So I inflict the conflict
With the utmost of intention

Anyway, I'm supposed to be entering numbers and whatnot into the computer now, but this fully-functional keyboard just tempted me so much! I can type so much so fast on this...

Aaaand now the Cheryl who can't stop talking about mundane things like broken keyboards and left-behind chargers has taken over.

Oh, I didn't mention I left my charger at work and had to do without my phone from 7pm yesterday till 9am this morning?

I just did. It's still mundane.

Have a good 'un, mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment