Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I miss you / Miss you so bad

In 2004, Avril Lavigne released an album called Under My Skin. I had borrowed it from my friend Ruby and had kept it for ages before she asked for it back. I had listened to the songs from start to finish, flipping through the liner notes, savoring every lyric.

Then I came to the last track, "Slipped Away". At first glance the lyrics evoked the usual "lost love" vibes. I hadn't (still haven't) had any first love, yet alone lost one, so the song didn't really speak much to me. It wasn't until I read the liner notes properly that I saw the words "For my grandfather" or something along those lines, and I bawled.

Now, I can finally relate to this song and cry real tears of sorrow.

I didn't get around to kiss you goodbye on the hand.

P.S. It seems that I should write a post about losing the most important person in my life - to mark a milestone on this blog. But I can't bring myself to do it. Not yet. That piece needs to do her justice so it may take a while.

I'm not sure if I'll ever be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment