Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

FATT/Bank Chilli Opportunites/...

Recently I started playing Nightclub City on Facebook, simply because Chand told me about her nightclub, which she'd described as a "geisha disco ball". That sounded extremely hilarious to me, so I decided to check it out.

The colors are way too bright and the graphics too in-my-face for me to get hooked on the game, but I did get some good stuff out of it.

For example, you could pick a genre of music to play in your club for your sets, so I clicked on Rock, and at the left bottom of the screen you could see the artist and title of the song your club was currently playing.

I fell in love with this band called Fitz And The Tantrums. They're really cool. Soul, indie and pop mixed together. You can have a listen at their official store.

I can't seem to download them online; no one's uploaded the album at all. All I can find are individual songs, and I have a habit of downloading whole albums. But, luckily, their shipping and handling costs are only US$3.15, so I figure I'll order it at the end of the month if I still have some money to spare. If anyone wants one, tell me before then.
________________________________________________________________________________

Lately I've been going to the bank a lot. Every day (except Sunday), we have to deposit the previous night's cash intake at OCBC Bank at Citylink Mall. I have to walk past the newly opened Hershey's every time, which makes it difficult for me to resist temptation.

But my main point: the popcorn shop next to Hershey's.

Before the stores were done renovating and setting up, I was walking past them to the bank when I saw this total chili talking with this lady outside the popcorn store. I heard his voice. His accent was amazingly cute! But that was the last time I ever saw him. The next few times I went to the bank, he wasn't there anymore.

BUT!
A new store opened recently, two stores before the bank. It's called Jericho - Dead Sea Cosmetics.
Now, we all know of those push-cart stalls that those hot foreigners tend? Yeah, now there's a whole store with those chillies. Both female and male, but I don't care about the former.

Today I went to the bank again, and while I was still mourning over the absence of Popcorn Guy, I noticed this total chilli chatting up a customer at Jericho. His accent was so hot.

I have since resolved to be the one going to the bank every time. I could use a respite from all those idiotic customers who can't seem to read.

We have this gigantic sign pasted onto the glass front of our store, indicating our moving-out sale starts on the 10th of November.

Apparently people can't read past MOVING-OUT SALE, or they are dumb. Ever since we put up the sign, I've been getting this:

"Is this discounted?"
"Is this the final price after the discount?"
"Where're your $15 blu-rays?"
"Can I get this at 70% off?"
"Is this on sale?"

As for the last question, sometimes they are so stupid at phrasing their questions that they ask, "Is this for sale?"
And I'd be all, "Yes, it's for sale."
Then they'd go, "But it's so expensive! How much would it be after the discount?"
And I'd answer, "Oh, you mean the moving-out sale? It starts on the 10th."
Them: "Oh! Not now? So I guess I should come back on the 10th."

After which I'd have to go into a long explanation about how the sale stocks would be different from the current stocks. Hellooo, which company in its right mind would discount the new Katy Perry/Maroon 5/Glee/Justin Bieber/Metallica/Toy Story 3, etc. stuff?

Thus, every day at work we have to waste bucketloads of saliva just to explain that No, we are not freaking having the sale right now. Get the heck out of my face and stop asking for discounts, you cheap asshole.


Phew. I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment