Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Friday, July 20, 2012

People are so sweet.

I've had 2 friends call, received several messages and also a voice recording of Happy Birthday, and it's barely an hour into my birthday! I feel happy. The little girl in me is currently frolicking in a dewy meadow with pop punk music playing in the background.

Did I say 'girl'? I meant adolescent male.
Today was almost ruined (yesterday? I'm talking about Thursday.) when I took the right bus going in the wrong direction. Before that, I couldn't find the bus stop. Before that, I had a mundane day of typing numbers and letters into an Excel spreadsheet, although it wasn't too bad since there was a downpour and the natural air felt like air-conditioning. (Thank you, Mother Nature.)

I managed to meet up with my groupmates at the Cathay for our discussion on our upcoming presentation, and seeing them cheered me up. Finally, social interaction! Not that the people at my workplace are robots or anything; it's just that we are generations apart, so it's harder to communicate along the same wavelength.

Anyway, I could have reached the Cathay by 7:15pm - only 15 minutes late! Thanks to my failure to utilize my sense of direction, I arrived at approximately 8.10pm. Yay me. Meanwhile, my groupmates were taking advantage of my absence and using it as an excuse to delay starting the discussion.

Yup, they all basically looked like this, without the textbooks.

Fortunately, my birthday was imminent, so things were bound to look up. So we finished the discussion and got Gongcha! Then at midnight, I got the aforementioned phone calls and messages, and now I'm high on friendship.

If my friends are reading this: thanks, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment