Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Monday, November 26, 2012

Anxiety

I can barely stand still as the webpage takes its time loading. The Java bar is slowly filling up with a flashing blue, and my heart pounds faster.

There is an ache spreading throughout my stomach. It may be the butterflies, or just plain need for defecation (the time now is post-lunch).

At last! The page loads and I see an abundance of black-ringed circles, interspersed with yellow-ringed ones. Carefully I select two circles, and click Proceed.

My patience is rewarded with a page full of empty bars to fill up. Information is entered, and I carry on to the next step.

Processing takes place, and I am prompted to type in some more numbers.

Now, I wait.

And wait.

And wait.

The stupid server times out and I have to do everything all over again.

So I do.

And wait.

The page refreshes itself, and I am now the proud owner of two Ellie Goulding concert tickets.

Well, co-owner.

Okay, technically, my friend Gladys paid first, so I...own nothing.

Still! Internet transactions amaze me. Cold, hard cash is now an option, not a necessity. Who'd have known we'd come this far?

No comments:

Post a Comment