Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Gar Meng

If you're reading this, you must be honored that I named the entire post after you.

He left for Washington, D.C. early this morning at 1:30AM, and I'd brought two packs of tissues in case of tears. Ended up using none of it because I used my sleeve, dammit.

His mom cried buckets, though. I jokingly offered her some of my tissues after Gar Meng was out of our sight, and her reaction was to bawl harder while her husband and daughter chuckled behind her.

Now I only have Anzhu left for late-night suppers and Gong Cha. With Gar Meng gone, I bet Ang Mo Kio will see much less of me. Perhaps I'll drop by Boss Cafe just to feel nostalgic about it.

What is this emptiness!? He's just in another country, not dead. Although I admit I shall miss the way he grabs my wrist forcefully when I insult him or just to get a point across.


No comments:

Post a Comment