Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Work Woes

I really thought I was making progress in handling my emotions at work. But I guess the universe just likes to disappoint me over and over again. This time it isn't the usual suspect who's pissing me off.

For fear of this being read by the actual perpetrator, I shan't name any names or positions here. This particular dude (oops I just revealed the gender; do I even care?) thinks it's perfectly fine to be condescending, like I'm lacking the ability of cognition and understanding.

"Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?"
"English, motherfucker, do you speak it?"

These are what I perceive him to be saying. It's comic relief for myself, mainly. I can pretend he's trying to channel Rush Hour or Pulp Fiction and failing miserably, thus making himself look stupid. If not, I'd be bawling my eyes out in the bathroom trying to determine what I was doing with my life.

I did not wade through all that shit in life just to be the target of your subtle bullying. Sometimes I pity you. You're born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you still have your health, you got married and had kids and have a good career going, etc. But do you realize that you still act like a child sometimes? And that a lot of the times we can't stand the way you speak to us? You should read books on how to effectively motivate your staff. Condescension isn't it.

Heck, I just gave it all away. If you're reading this, don't fire me. Unless it's with severance pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment