Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Turning 21

I should probably wait till the day is over to write this post, but I'm itching to pen down my emotions.

Firstly, I'm so lucky that I decided on MDIS instead of Kaplan or who-knows-where-else. And that the timing was fortuitous enough that I could meet people like this crazy, sweet bunch.

Second, my dearest partners-in-crime (the Nun and The Evil Master) are really spoiling me.
I feel like I don't deserve all this affection sometimes because it's so overwhelming. I make mistakes repeatedly and we get into heated discussions or bad moods with each other, but they always forgive me readily and I know all they want is the best for me. And people say it's the thought that counts and not the price of the gifts, but to me it's like shit man, they are willing to spend beyond their usual means just to make me happy on my birthday. The price definitely adds significantly to the thought.
(That crazy bunch in the previous paragraph also spoils me. I realized I never have to pay for stuff when I'm out with them. #sheepish)

Third, my seemingly bipolar mom. She's always there for me or sometimes too there for me but nothing can beat unconditional love.

As the day goes on, I'm receiving birthday texts and each one makes my heart swell with gratitude and warmth. It's times like these when I feel happy to be alive.
__________________________________________________

It's already Wednesday now, and I'm happy to say that this was indeed a memorable (in both good and bad ways) birthday.

Drama was still inevitable because my family basically personifies the word, but all in all I felt loved by everyone, especially when my uncle ambushed me with a kiss on the cheek and when my cousins + nephew bombarded my face with cream.

I'll just rant about the bad parts somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment