Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Monday, September 1, 2014

Church?

I finally attended my primary school friend Shu Ling's church service today, after so many months of unforeseen circumstances/cancellations. Seeing as I've attended quite a few of my bestie Sophia's church services before, the FCBC's service was nothing short of what I'd expected. One thing that did surprise me though, was how professional their live music sounded. More than once, I felt the familiar urge of wanting to put my hands up in a fit of musical epiphany. Those drums.

The company was superb as well, with many people greeting me earnestly and even praying for me (frankly I don't think I deserve all that much prayers)! (But yeah yeah "we accept the love we think we deserve" and all that jazz, so.)

Sometimes I get nauseated when I think about meeting new people and potential awkward situations, and end up losing sleep over imagined social disasters. Hardly anyone knows I get this way at all. But surprisingly (or not), when the occasion does arrive, I tend to make an okay impression on the new people I meet. Or at least, I hope I do. Because there are just so many things to consider when encountering new people!

My thought process beforehand usually goes like this:
1. How often can I laugh?
2. How loud can I laugh?
3. Should I try to make people laugh?
4. Do I tell them I have a small bladder?
5. If they don't laugh at my jokes, do I laugh at them myself?

What then happens:
1. Laugh way too loudly
2. Wonder if that was too loud
3. Decide not to care
4. Laugh again at something else and get shushed
5. Feel chastised
6. Repeat step 1

I've been told that I have an infectious/annoyingly loud/just plain annoying laugh, but at Sodagreen's concert, there were plenty of maniacal fans with crazier laughs than mine. So there. (So...I'm feeling a little unspecial now, so if you're hanging out with me in the very near future after this post, you should bring along a pair of earmuffs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment