Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Copying Sophia/Capitol's Packing Day/Good News/Movie With Heidi/Mom's Hospitalization


Because Sophia shared with us her wallpaper, I shall share mine with everyone, too. Ron mustn't lose to Jake Gyllenhaal.

Today was Capitol's final day. Well, technically yesterday was, but today we had to pack up all the remaining sale stocks, computers, documents, shelves and stuff. It was a bit melancholy at first, but then everyone was in such a great mood (since we didn't have to deal with the routine things like opening the store at 11am and dealing with customers), so we started having fun.

At first my colleague Gar Meng (whom I call Jiaming because he hates his Chinese name) kept singing Justin Bieber's Baby, because somehow Mark brought it up that he would never buy his albums for his sons.

So all the while everybody was exchanging banter and mocking each other and randomly bursting into random songs. Which was awesome.

Then Bob went to Cathay with the mover guys; they didn't know how to go. So that left Mark, me, Heidi and Gar Meng. After about an hour or two of packing up everything, Mark decided that we should all head to Funan for an impromptu field trip, and also to help look for a birthday cake for his son.

Right when we reached Funan, Chris called to say that he would be arriving in two minutes in the moving van, which resulted in absolute brouhaha. As in, chaotic haha's.

Bernard arrived to help out, but seeing as we've already done everything, he basically just came by to kick around Bob's deflated soccer ball and trash the place with us. We totally trashed it like rock stars.

After officially locking up the place for good (and writing "CLOSED FOREVER" in different languages on the glass door), we went to Ya Kun Kaya Toast [in that Xchange place, whassitcalled?] and hung out for a while.

Then Mark, Bob and Bernard went to smoke outside Raffles City while Heidi and I headed for the Cathay to see if there was any good movie to kill time with.

OH WAIT! Before all this, I have some good news to share with my fellow minions friends.

Those of you whom I've told that I'm going to be stationed at OUB Centre in Raffles Place, despair no more - I've just got the news that I'm instead going to Bugis!

It's no Taka, but still better than OUB. I have nothing against that place, just that it's full of office-y people that, honestly, quite bore me. I can handle cheena questions, rather than professional-talking professionals.


Going back to the topic at hand, Heidi and I went to watch the movie RED, which stands for Retired, Extremely Dangerous. It was good! I love Bruce Willis. And Helen Mirren. And Morgan Freeman. And that other guy.

Some of the jokes were slightly lame, but still tolerable, and the subtle ones are really funny. There was this scene where Mary-Louise Parker makes a jibe about Bruce Willis' lack of hair, and I couldn't stop giggling at that one, long after everyone has stopped laughing.
Sometimes I do that - continue laughing about one particular joke even when everybody else has moved on, so my friends tend to hit me in the arm and shush me during a movie.

Anyway, on a graver note, my mom went to the hospital today because of a hemorrhoid she got a week ago. She just couldn't take the pain any longer and finally went for treatment, and it turned out that it wasn't a hemorrhoid! It was a bacterial infection.

My poor mom.

She is currently undergoing surgery right now, probably. Luckily, I'm off tomorrow, so I'll be able to visit her in the evening with my dad after he gets off work.
______________________________________________________________________________

I'm watching a rerun of that show, Million Singer (title goes to show how bad the Taiwanese are at English), and I absolutely abhor Yao Yao. She acts cute, and to top it all off, she can't sing. At least if she could carry a tune, I wouldn't mind so much; I just want to get the show moving on so I can listen to Hebe. But Yao Yao is making my ears cry for earmuffs! Tsk.

Somebody remove her larynx.

No comments:

Post a Comment