Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Friday, November 5, 2010

Scary weird friend dying dream/Beauty pageant dream

I just had one of my weirdest dreams ever a few minutes ago, and I just had to blog about it immediately. I haven't even brushed my teeth yet.

I don't know how it started out, but I was friends with Neville Longbottom (of Harry Potter) in my dream, except his name was Neil. We were in a science lab together with other people, busy working on class assignments.

Then somehow afterwards, he approached me while I was leaving the school and asked to join me in whatever I was about to do, like he actually knew where I was going. So I let him follow me outside, which was this dark purple world. The whole sky was deep purple and there were high-tech monorail tracks everywhere, with flying vehicles.

I led him to the roof of this random tall building, and asked him, "Do you believe you can fly?" And he nodded.

In this dream, I had discovered a secret. If you possessed this common household item (I seriously cannot remember what it was!), you could fly. So naturally I had extras in my bag and I handed one to Neil/Neville. He was so scared about it, but he really wanted to try it. He had complete faith in what I said. So did I.

I'd done it a lot before in my dream, apparently, so I told him that, and that there was nothing to worry about. Just keep the thing in your pocket, and he'd fly.

Then I jumped. But funnily, there wasn't that feeling of freefall you'd get that wakes you up in the middle of the dream. Then the focus shifted to Neil. He followed suit, but instead of slowing down and flying, he just continued to fall rapidly towards the ground.

Then he hit it, and died.

When he hit the ground, my whole dream changed to this cartoon picture of the Earth, with Neil pasted on top of it in an astronaut suit. I say pasted exactly how I mean it. Flat on his back, pasted.

Then suddenly I was in the school hall, where there was an ongoing play. I was unconscious, floating above the stage characters in an astronaut suit. The students backstage pulled me to the ground - I don't know how - and I woke up (in the dream), blabbering and sobbing about Neil.

NO ONE believed me.

Then I caught sight of our discipline master, who for some twisted reason was the operations manager of Gramophone, Chris! I knew he'd believe me, so I ran to him and told him everything.

Suddenly the scene changed to a school hallway, with mud green walls. Students were walking in and out of the classrooms freely, every few minutes.

I was sitting in the doorway of a classroom with my friend Ruby. But in the dream, she wasn't my friend; she wanted to get me to admit to the murder of Neil.

She started questioning me about that night, even to the point of wanting to know what I was wearing, and why I had an extra pair of jeans in my bag. [The pair of extra jeans came from my friend Shuyi, who bought jeans for me and gave them to me on the day Neil died.]

Ruby even brought me to the school's administration office and made the teachers inquisition me there. By then I was so distraught over Neil's death that I'd started sobbing every time I tried to speak. The teachers eventually believed me.

Then I woke up, for real.
________________________________________________________________________________

Yesterday, I was late for work because of another dream that woke me up only at 10:22AM.

I was in a beauty pageant held annually between schools.

Ha, got your attention!

But it's true. At least, in my dream.

Miss Chia was the teacher in charge of the pageant contestants. At first I was just chilling with my friends in the canteen when some girl approached me and told me I'd been selected for the pageant.

My friends were all, "Go for it, Cheryl!"
So I said yes.

As I was on the excursion bus to the venue where they held the preliminary round, I suddenly remembered, "Oh shit, I have to catwalk."

The bus was filled with other contestants from other schools, so I knew none of them. They were giving me weird looks though, like, "Is this girl really a contestant? That's so wrong."

So when the bus let us out at a pit stop to freshen up before hitting the road again, I bailed.

I called Sophia on my cell phone and told her what I'd realized. Uh-uh, no catwalking for moi.

She told me that Miss Chia was gonna be majorly pissed off, which swayed me for a moment. Her wrath is scary. But the idea of catwalking made me shudder more, so I decided to escape that day for a while and meet up with Sophia, Anzhu and Rachel. Apparently we were supposed to be hanging out that day before I got approached for the pageant.

Sophia got a little annoyed on the phone because I was hysterically listing out the pros and cons of staying for the pageant, and she was playing Pokemon on her Nintendo DS. So I got annoyed, and hung up.

Then I woke up.
________________________________________________________________________________

Hardcore, huh? Two crazy dreams in two consecutive days. I should have gotten ready now to leave my house, but instead I had this insane urge to write down everything about my dreams before I forget any details. So now I'm late. But luckily, not for work. Just another ordinary off day today.

Which means I'm meeting Sophia and Anzhu, just to hang out. But we're going jogging later.

Yes, I am. Stop doubting me! Even though I can only run two rounds, it's still a start!

Till tonight, when I'll regal you with fantastic stories about how I flew ten thousand laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment