Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sick and sick again

I don't know if it's the weather or my period or my immune system or all of it combined, but lately my body's being such a temperamental female dog. First I got gastric pains, which was the second time I've experienced it in my life.

When asked why, the doctor told me it could be a variety of reasons - which we'll never know for sure - skipping meals, stress, weather, basically anything. I believe stress was the cause. You see, the first time I had gastric pains was around 2 years ago, when I first started my job at Gramophone Capitol, the multimedia store. After a month at the job, I had gastric pains and a fever that rendered me stupider than usual. (And that's saying something.)

So it's been exactly a month after I began my new job as a clerk/stock-taker/whatever-you-want-to-call-me at my uncle's auto parts shop, and BAM! Gastric pains. How convenient.

Right after I took meds for the pain, my period arrived. So now I had the delightful confusion of whether it was my tummy going nuts or my cramps acting up. [Sorry if any squeamish guys are reading this. It's not my fault you're so delicate.]

Then, as my period is coming to an end and the gastric pains have long since subsided, a flu developed and my throat started getting real dry. Will life not give me a break?

Sure, if you think about sick orphans and dying soldiers, my predicament seems pretty cushy. I have doctors, modern Western medicine (or Chinese herbs if I want any), fans (the ones that have rapidly-turning blades to produce wind, not screaming Justin Bieber types), a mom to nag at me, a job that allows me to not work when I have exams, a relatively conservative amount of money, clean water...you get the gist. But...

Okay I forgot my point. Apparently I have just talked myself out of my whining funk. Life's pretty good. Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment