Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Berry Group

We hadn't seen each other in months, but when we met it was instantaneous laughter and lots of non-stop chit-chatting.

First off, three of us were all wearing black and carrying canvas tote bags, so there was that. Secondly, we were all famished! Food makes everyone united, honestly. I could never be great friends with a person who didn't like to eat.

Went to Thomson Road's The Prata House and Salted Caramel. The prata was okay, and when were ordering drinks, I order teh bing and Joyce ordered "iced tea tarik". To which the guy replied, "So...two teh bing?"

Originally I'd thought all of them would be talking about K-pop and I'd be mostly quiet, but I realized, this is me: I'm never quiet. Plus, they actually had a lot of other things to talk about, like school, work, family, and of course we reminisced about primary school days a lot.

The four of us - Joyce, Shuyi, Ruby, and I - gave ourselves code names back then. It was kinda stupid, but I'm pretty sure most everyone was stupid in primary school. We were the berry group: Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, and Cherry.

My stomach is grumbling as I type. Clearly two pratas, a third of mee hoon goreng and ice cream weren't enough to last me till after suppertime. It is officially Monday right now, and I am hungry. Not a good start. I'm sure the Monday blues will manifest soon.

We took a long time to take four Polaroid shots, and an even longer time to decide who's getting which, thanks to my indecision. I'd post a picture of all four shots here, but laziness prevails. Maybe tomorrow.

Pics tomorrow? More like next year!

Who am I kidding? No one's reading this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment