Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday, anyone?

I don't know why I woke up in a good mood today (after all the customary grumbling about waking up early, that is), but so far it's lasted two hours so here's to hoping it lasts all day.

No one has pissed me off yet, and I'm trying to keep myself thinking positively to prevent inner conflict. My Epic Songs playlist has helped tremendously.

These songs don't necessarily have lyrics that are mind-blowing or melodies that make you weep, but to me the tunes are pretty awesome. I don't have a running theme for them, like inspiring songs in particular or whatever. They're just songs that routinely get stuck in my head and make me smile.

Cheryl's Epic Songs Playlist:  
  1. Arctic Monkeys - A Certain Romance
  2. Boy - Waitress
  3. Florence + The Machine - You've Got The Love
  4. Foo Fighters - Come Back
  5. Foo Fighters - Let It Die
  6. Imagine Dragons - It's Time
  7. Incubus - Isadore
  8. Jack Johnson - Sitting, Waiting, Wishing (Live Version)
  9. The Killers - Losing Touch
  10. The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
  11. Maroon 5 - How
  12. Mayday Parade - Save Your Heart
  13. Mayday Parade - Stay
  14. Mayday Parade - I'd Rather Make Mistakes Than Make Nothing At All
  15. Michael Bolton - Go The Distance
  16. Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out
  17. Paramore - All I Wanted
  18. The Reign Of Kindo - I Hear That Music Play
  19. Shinedown - Burning Bright (Sanford Mix)
  20. Shinedown - Breaking Inside
  21. The Stone Roses - This Is The One
  22. Taking Back Sunday - Call Me In The Morning
Hmm, I never realized I had so many Mayday Parade songs on this.

Anyway, all these songs are awesome to sing along to because a lot of words are dragged out (in  musical terms it's called "sustaining the note") and I like 'em that way. You can just belt it all out.

If you have time, why not compile a list of your own? Songs that pick you up when you're feeling down, and give you good vibes when you're feeling just okay. Let me know if you have songs to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment