Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Amazeballs

Do you ever get that feeling like, "OMG he likes [insert forgotten old movie/weird food flavor/obscure band] too? We're perfect for each other!!"

I get that every once in a while because a) I am easily excitable; b) I like a lot of things in general.

Sometimes I feel pangs of wistfulness as I scroll through news feeds on social media platforms, and realize that I share certain shockingly specific interests with some people. The wistful part is that we aren't closer friends but just casual acquaintances. We could be so much more!!!!

The similarities are so mind-blowingly coincidental that I can't help but proclaim us soulmates/BFFs in my head. But of course, life doesn't really work that way even though I try really hard to make it so.

I guess it goes to show how mysteriously God works. Because why Lord, why?

It's not to contradict my previous post about being content with where I am and not being in a relationship - I'm serious about that for sure. But I just can't resist wondering why these people aren't the one I'm waiting for.

Perhaps it's all about timing, perhaps it just isn't. Whatever it is, I've put my faith in Him and am learning not to worry. It's just jarring to know that we are still nothing more than casual hi-bye friends despite these coincidences. Amazing, maybe.

Life is just full of surprises. (God, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment