Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Being at this job requires me to do a lot of research and reading, especially reading about positive mindsets and health information.

I've just read something on an e-book called The Millionaire's Brain, and it rang so true that I had to write it here, just for reference's sake.

It states that in order to rewire your brain to rid it of negative associations whenever money is mentioned, you need to tell yourself that you are "abundant in wealth." With every dollar you spend, more will come back to you.

The reason why this statement spoke to me was because I've recently been feeling that every time I thought about my finances. Ever since being shown the truth of God, I've learnt that He will provide for me no matter what. So I've stopped worrying about having less than a certain amount in my bank account like I always used to.

If you've known me since years ago, you would know that I used to always complain about my money troubles, wondering if I could make it till the end of the month with my measly pay and mega bills and responsibilities. And yet I still couldn't stop spending, so my bank balance depleted drastically just two weeks into a new month every time.

Now I've begun to let go of my financial situation and leaving it up to God. It doesn't matter if you're a free-thinker or if you have a different belief system; the core value is the same. Just let go of your worries. Sure, you can scrimp a little here and there, maybe not drink Starbucks every week and cut down on that post-lunch yogurt. But don't beat yourself up over every little thing you spend on, stop focusing on your diminishing bank balance.

I'm not saying to just squander all your money away without regard to your bank account, of course. What I mean is to feel okay about spending on necessary stuff. A movie once in a while won't really hurt that much, but weekly visits to cafes are probably not the best idea until you achieve financial stability.

And instead of thinking about that low balance in your account, focus on the multiple blessings in your life currently. Awesome friends, a sweet family, that charming auntie from the chicken rice stall, or even the nice stranger who held the lift door for you. Heck, you're alive, you have a roof over your head, Internet connection, able limbs and your five major senses. Shouldn't that be good enough to put a smile on your face? Money is nothing compared.

This doesn't mean that I'm perfectly worry-free financially, of course. I do acknowledge that my bank balance isn't where I want it to be just yet, but I also know that it will all be replenished eventually (at the end of the month). Why worry?

Even if you don't have an income right now, that's no cause for worry. It should scare you, but you shouldn't let that fear turn you into a worrisome, negative person. Be positive, and trust that it will all come to you soon enough. Positivity attracts more positivity!

No comments:

Post a Comment