Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thankful

It's hilarious sometimes when I read through my older posts and realize the massive change of content. Just a few months back I'd been fawning over some guy; a few weeks before that I'd been infatuated with another one; for the past few years there's always been some guy or other.

But after finding God, there's been no rush. No more desperately hoping for some guy to sweep me off my feet.

The contrast of my mindsets then and now is pretty jarring. I mean, I still want someone to love and to hold till death do us part, but I don't need it right now. Right now I get to experience my walk with my Father on my own, and to improve myself as a person before I commit myself to a relationship. I have faith that there's someone planned for me, and that I will meet him when the time is right. Or maybe I've already met him. We'll never know till we know.

Meanwhile I'm just trying to figure out my place in this vast world just like everybody else. Career paths to embark on, friendships to forge, family members to love, music to discover, concerts to attend, books to read, films and shows to digest, cafes to hop; the list is endless. What's a girl to do except to do it all and enjoy the ride?

Now I'm just grateful for all the friends and family that add color to my everyday life.

Just as I'm ending this post at 6am on the first day of 2015, I hear my dad closing the noisy gate of our house. I throw my phone on the bed, rush out of my room and fling open the wooden door to see my dad.

He gets a shock at my sudden appearance in the wee hours of the morning, but as I say, "Happy new year, Pa," you can see a hint of a smile on his weary face.

Greeting my dad at the door as he leaves for another day at work, then going back to my room to finish up a blog post and submitting myself to a good morning's sleep (and probably afternoon). What is this, if not the best way to end a countdown to a new year?

Goodnight, good morning, and happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment